DENVER, May 27, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- DaVita HealthCare Partners Inc. (NYSE: DVA), one of the nation's largest and most innovative health care communities, distinguishes Military Appreciation Month by honoring the men and women of the armed forces who have selflessly served the United States of America.
"We celebrate the service of our patients and teammates who have or are serving the United States Armed Forces," said Laura Mildenberger, chief people officer at DaVita Kidney Care. "DaVita HealthCare Partners prides itself on being an employer and care provider that honors and respects the commitment that service veterans and active military members have made."
In the last five years, DaVita HealthCare Partners has hired more than 2,000 veterans and offered transitional support for teammates coming from a military background to integrate with civil life. These veterans are offered positions throughout the company – from patient care technicians to executives.
There are several programs offered at DaVita HealthCare Partners to help welcome veterans to the company and to thrive in their roles.
- Military Stories– A site to help teammates ease the transition from military service to employment. This interactive site was designed from the input of veteran teammates to help support new hires making that transition.
- Village Veterans – Allows new military teammates to receive mentorship from company leaders as they transition to new roles within the company.
- Star Troopers – Offers teammates the opportunity to assemble care packages and write thank you notes to be sent to those serving overseas. The Star Troopers program has supported troops with more than 7,500 cards, letters and care packages.
- Military Spouse Employment Partnership – As a member of this partnership, DaVita HealthCare Partners makes a commitment to help match veterans and their spouses to jobs within the company.
DaVita HealthCare Partners commitment to the military is demonstrated by being honored with military awards consistently over the past few years. This year, DaVita HealthCare Partners won "ERE Recruiting Excellence Award" for its Military Talent Program. The company has received numerous other Military awards over the past several years, including:
- Best for Vets – Received recognition by Military Times Edge as a "Best for Vets" employer for the sixth consecutive year.
- Top Military Spouse Friendly Employers – DaVita was recognized as a top employer for military spouses by Military Spouse Magazine for the second consecutive year.
- Top Military Friendly Employers – DaVita has been recognized as a Top Military Friendly Employer by GI Jobs for six consecutive years.
- Top Veteran-Friendly Companies – DaVita was named a top veteran friendly company by U.S. Veterans Magazine.
- Most Valuable Employer for Military – CivilianJobs.com has named DaVita HealthCare Partners to this list for the last five consecutive years.
For more information about DaVita's veterans' programs, please visit Careers.DaVita.com/ Military.
About DaVita HealthCare Partners
DaVita HealthCare Partners Inc., a Fortune 500® company, is the parent company of DaVita Kidney Care and HealthCare Partners. DaVita Kidney Care is a leading provider of kidney care in the United States, delivering dialysis services to patients with chronic kidney failure and end stage renal disease. As of March 31, 2015, DaVita Kidney Care operated or provided administrative services at 2,197 outpatient dialysis centers located in the United States serving approximately 174,000 patients. The company also operated 93 outpatient dialysis centers located in 10 countries outside the United States. HealthCare Partners manages and operates medical groups and affiliated physician networks in Arizona, California, Nevada, New Mexico, Florida and Colorado in its pursuit to deliver excellent-quality health care in a dignified and compassionate manner. As of March 31, 2015 HealthCare Partners provided integrated care management for approximately 830,000 patients. For more information, please visit DaVitaHealthCarePartners.com.
DaVita and DaVita HealthCare Partners are trademarks or registered trademarks of DaVita HealthCare Partners Inc.
SOURCE DaVita HealthCare Partners