DENVER, Sept. 28, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- DaVita Kidney Care, a division of DaVita Inc. (NYSE: DVA), a leading provider in kidney care services, today shared its "top five" list from the DaVita Medical Insights podcast and blog. Both are forums to discuss trending news and issues in kidney care and were created by physicians, for physicians.
The top five stories include:
- The Self-Regulating Bioartificial Kidney – Bryan Becker, M.D., discusses The Kidney Project, an initiative officially launched in 2015 by nephrologists William Fissell, M.D. and David Humes, M.D. "to create a small, surgically-implanted and free-standing bioartificial kidney," which would help settle organ supply barriers.
- Effectively Managing Kidney Patients' Transitions of Care – Ananda Harrison interviews Dr. Becker on the importance of managing care when a patient moves within or between health care settings, across states of health and between clinicians, and the physician's role in this process.
- Why Physicians Choose Nephrology – Physician leaders for DaVita recount why they chose to become nephrologists in honor of National Doctors Day.
- Electronic Health Records: Past, Current and Future Landscape – Electronic health records (EHRs) first started to appear in the 1970s, yet physicians have been slow to adopt the technology because of cost and workflow disruption. Listen to Adam Weinstein, M.D., cover the evolution of EHRs, what the future potentially holds for this technology and where its full functionality may ultimately settle.
- Study: The Impact of Missed Dialysis Treatments on Clinical Outcomes – A study conducted by DaVita Clinical Research aimed to identify the prevalence of in-center hemodialysis absenteeism and its effects on clinical outcomes. Steve M. Brunelli, M.D., MSCE reviews the key takeaways, including how missed treatments impact hospitalization and mortality among dialysis patients.
About DaVita Kidney Care
DaVita Kidney Care is a division of DaVita Inc., a Fortune 500® company, that through its operating divisions provides a variety of health care services to patient populations throughout the United States and abroad. A leading provider of dialysis services in the United States, DaVita Kidney Care treats patients with chronic kidney failure and end stage renal disease. DaVita Kidney Care strives to improve patients' quality of life by innovating clinical care, and by offering integrated treatment plans, personalized care teams and convenient health-management services. As of June 30, 2018, DaVita Kidney Care operated or provided administrative services at 2,580 outpatient dialysis centers located in the United States serving approximately 201,000 patients. The company also operated 253 outpatient dialysis centers located in 10 countries outside the United States. DaVita Kidney Care supports numerous programs dedicated to creating positive, sustainable change in communities around the world. The company's leadership development initiatives and social responsibility efforts have been recognized by Fortune, Modern Healthcare, Newsweek and WorldBlu. For more information, please visit DaVita.com.
SOURCE DaVita Kidney Care